The Next Generation of Dental X-Rays
New technology brings a new standard of care. It is important to us that our patients receive the most advanced care possible. We use 3D Cone Beam Imaging in our office for a number of reasons. Cone Beam Imaging systems generate 3D, high definition x-rays within seconds, which allows visualization of tissues that would be hidden in traditional x-rays. We can see things that might be blocked by metal fillings or other restorations. The images are remarkable clear, which helps with diagnosing and treating dental ailments. These scans allow us to quickly assess your dental needs and get you back out enjoying your life in less time than you might expect from traditional imaging equipment.
Dr. Lennan Masterson can use this innovative technology to quickly and easily share 3D images of the area of concern with your referring doctor – allowing the doctors to collaborate on your care, improving your experience, and delivering a positive treatment outcome.
The health and safety of our patients is our highest priority, which is why we utilize a cone beam imaging system in our office. The cone Beam system produces a very low dose of radiation, thus reducing unnecessary exposure. Some additional benefits of cone beam imaging include:
- Visualize anatomy that cannot be diagnosed externally or from traditional x-rays
- Create better, more effective treatment plans
- Assess benefits and risk of treatment options
- Analyze the position and orientation of critical structures, such as nerves, prior to the procedure.
- Up to 10x less radiation exposure to the patient than traditional x-rays